What you need to know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we strive to pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your FGB account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more ask us about these plans
|What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my FGB account?|
|We do authorize and strive to pay overdrafts for these transactions:|
|We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for these transactions|
Overdrafts are paid at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if First Guaranty Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee (OD PAID ITEM CHARGE) of $35.00 each time we pay an overdraft item.
- We will charge you a combined total of no more than six (6) NSF Return Item and OD Paid Item charges per day.
What if I want First Guaranty Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM & everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions you must enroll in our Courtesy Pay Plus service, please:
- Call our Customer Support Center at 1-888-375-3093.
- Complete the form at your nearest branch
- Or click the button below