5 Simple Steps to Guaranteed Better Banking
Step 1: Open your First Guaranty Bank account
- Visit any local branch to fill out necessary paperwork
- Order New ATM card, Debit Card, and checks
- Take advantage of FREE Online Banking and FREE 24 Hour Telephone Banking
Step 2: Stop using your old account
- Wait for any checks and Debit Card purchases to clear to prevent overdrafts
- This could take up to 2 weeks
Step 3: Change your direct deposits
- Use our helpful Direct Deposit Change Form to notify your employer and other institutions about your switch to a new bank
- Check our list of Government Agencies for contact numbers
Step 4: Change your automatic payments
- Use our helpful Automatic Payment Change Form to notify companies about your switch to a new bank.
- Check our list of Helpful Numbers for local and national businesses you may need to contact
Step 5: Close your old account
- Once all checks and Debit Card purchases have cleared your account, use our helpful Authorization to Close Account Form to notify your old bank. As always, if you should have any questions during this process, our friendly staff is available to help answer your questions.
Welcome to the First Guaranty Bank family!